Cassoulet The Dish
When I was at Cooking School in Stratford, each student had to pick the name of a dish out of a hat to do a report on. I watched with envy as my peers selected exotic dishes from parts of the world that conjured images of fantastic colours and lively flavours. Then I drew my dish: “Cassoulet.” “Great,” I thought ” French baked beans…..” I was soooo pissed!!
What I learned, however, would eventually change the way I approached cooking forever.
Three French Regions debate over which of them first invnted and refined Cassoulet. In all cases, the dish combines various preserved meats (sausage, smoked meats, confit of duck,etc) with slowly baked, unctuous shell beans and rich stock. The dish is the epitome of refined comfort food: so simple and, yet, so simply ruined. Utilizing the best regional ingredients and a pure embrace of the seasonal goodies found around you.
It is a dish that represents the people at the table, their experience together, and where the table is in place and time. This is what why it became the symbol for our catering and services. Our goal is to pay homage to the fact that you are sharing a special moment together and we feel that it is our job to accentuate that day with delicious food and great service that fit seamlessly without invoking unnecessary pretension. You’re menu should never be selected from a list we give you. It should represent you, your family, and your loved ones.
A Few of Our Hallmarks
* Choose Between ``Our Place or Yours?``100%
* Menus that Reflect Each of our Clients' Uniquely100%
* Private Consultations with Chef Greg Hubbard100%
Our aim is to capture your vision for your special event and bring it into reality in terms of food, atmosphere, and service. Moreover, we aim to do so on or below our stated budget which is extremely rare by catering standards.
It is our job to successfully reflect your “table.” Whether that’s 100 of you or 12 makes no difference. The idea is to accentuate and punctuate an already amazing moment for you and your loved ones. I grew up on an organic farm so the ideals of seasonal, local, and organic are some that we hold very highly. We are at all times seasonal and that means very much local. Our clients often ask us to source out organic foodstuffs where their budgets allow it.
We Promise to cook from scratch – if we need a cracker we’ll make it!
We promise to give you good, honest advice.
We promise to take the time to hear your vision for your special event and to translate it into a customized menu that suits your tastes and budget. We will not ask you to choose from a list of from goods we don’t prepare.
1) Decide if we’re right for you;
2)Place Deposit to hold the date;
3) Consultation to determine Menu direction;
4) Menu drafts until we get it right;
5) Throw an outstanding party worthy of your occasion!
A Few Kind Words Well Earned…
- “Oh, and that roast pig? Delicious! And those dessert brownies rich with chocolate and ever so chewy – Yum!”
- “Hi Greg, First off thank you so much for everything. Your food is still being enjoyed and talked about by everyone. Once again you made another grime event. Much gratitude from James and I.”
- “Hope you guys had a great conclusion to your night Friday and that the tear down has been as close to painless as possible. If you need a partner to gradually kill off spare Whiskey let me know.” – Greg
“Everything was Awesome – we can sit on the deck, watch stars come alive and keep warm with our friend Jamieson.” – Vince
- “Greg,I just had to let you know…HOW FABULOUS EVERTHING WENT !!! And everyone is talking about how wonderful the meal was. Thanks so much for catering the dinner. Your staff was perfect. Everything went well.”
“I have you say that we got such great feedback on the food! You truly brought our ideas and foods to life! Your creativity in how we came up with the menu really made our day so much more special and personal. Your servers were also fantastic. Overall, we are just so happy that you were able to make our day even better! I’m sure you will see us at dinner club, and any other events we ever need catered.”
- “Out of the entire wedding Cassoulet Catering was the easiest part. I didn’t have to worry about anything. I know Greg Hubbard is one of this best chefs around and the proof is in his dishes. Every thing he prepared was phenomenal. People are still talking about the food to this day. Cassoulet Catering’s location is very versatile.”